What Is HKD (HacKeD)?
HKD (HacKeD) is a brand new, one-day hackathon taking place in the heart of Belfast City centre. The first event will take place on Saturday 24 September 2022.
HKD will be a place to challenge yourself, compete against others, learn and share experiences and most of all, have fun with like minded people. HKD promises to be a welcoming environment for all people who love the challenge of creating digital solutions and tools that can make a real impact.
Who should attend?
- Software engineers
- AI and ML researchers
- Data scientists
- Undergrad / postgrad students and interns
- Problem solvers
So if you like the challenge of creating a solution that can be developed into the next big thing, or you simply like to hack, practice coding and test your knowledge amongst friends (old and new), then we would love to hear from you.
Themes and challenges of the hackathon will be released soon, but you can be sure that our challenges will make you use the best of your and your teammates’ skills!
The inaugural HKD is kindly supported by our friends at Daily Pay.
#1 Learn more in a day than in 6 months
- Step out of your comfort zone
- Upskill in technologies that are currently in demand
- Fine tune your collaboration skills and work under pressure
- Create something over a day!
#2 No one comes away empty handed… or hungry
- There’ll be prizes for the winning teams but also spot prizes
- We’ll be feeding you lunch and dinner. And snacks. And drinks.
- More surprises to come…
#3 Enjoy a welcoming and collaborative environment
- Learn together and from each other
- Make friends – and who knows, maybe find your startup business partner
- Absolute craic.
#4 Showcase and use your skills
- Stand out from the crowd
- Great for networking with influential people about your career
- Chat with experienced professionals and potential employers.
#5 Space for everyone
- HKD will be a welcoming environment for all
- We will have quiet workspaces available.
- Let us know how to make your day more comfortable.
#6 Create something with a beneficial impact and make a difference!
Last but not least!
- Each team has the potential to build the ‘next big thing’ that may affect our lives!